In this episode, Dr. Sadrian and Mordechai discuss cosmetic surgery, how to make a good decision, and how to prepare for the process.
- The ideal patient is one that takes their time and does their homework so that they are well armed with questions and basic knowledge.
- Some patients have misaligned or unreasonable expectations of what surgery can accomplish.
- There is nothing textbook about trauma surgery.
- Cosmetic surgery is a combination of science and art together.
- First thing is to find out what the patient wants. What are the things that are bothering them and what are their goals?
- The results are a partnership. If a patient works hard before and after the surgery, then there could be better results.
- There needs to be some time between the weight loss and the cosmetic surgery. Dr. Sadrian thinks that 6 months is the minimum wait time.
- Sometimes the surgery is done in stages.
- It generally takes 6 weeks for the majority of healing to happen after surgery. That is still not 100% recovery.
- Since people are using Zoom more frequently and seeing themselves, facial surgeries have increased.
- When you cut something there is going to be a scar.
- The tricky part is placing the scar in a place where it is less visible.
- Always ask “why?”. What do you want and what is your goal?