In this episode, James talks about transformations, the healing power of the human body, how to change beliefs, and the importance of being non-attached.
- James discovered that it is important to clear your slate to reset how you think before trying to move forward.
- Most people never clear their mental and physical slate to help discover what truly drives them.
- Going through some big transformation can give some deeper insight into your essence and what you are here to do.
- James has been trying to help people understand what a powerful healing machine their body is.
- Detoxing and cleansing can offer your body a reset to help focus your approach on food.
- Now James is focusing on spiritual and mental reset to help focus attention.
- Non-attachment is a difficult muscle to recognize since we are trained to expect outcomes and instant gratification.
- Instead of paying attention to what is causing the symptoms of our discomfort, we are relying on instant relief from manufactured medicine.
- The idea of suffering is an illusion because we create it through an attachment to an outcome and desire for an outcome.
- Step 1: Practice being nothing and just being in the moment.
- Step 2: Be non-attached to what happens next.
- When things get “too comfortable” for James he tends to blow it up and move on to something new.
- James worked as a Qualified Ships Officer which allowed him to work with some of the world’s wealthiest people.
- James had an extraordinary job but was thinking about changing. He was told by his boss, “If you’re thinking about it, do it.” Which was a pivotal moment for James.
- While working for some of the wealthiest people in the world he realized that money does not make you happy or healthy.
- He witnessed the trap of wealth firsthand.
- Part of the reason for recording the experts was to let James’ dad see them.
- Education shifts your beliefs. Beliefs shift your choices. Choices shift the outcome of your life.
- People are living longer but also dying longer.
- Once James’ father shifted his beliefs, he saw major health and wellness improvements.
- Transformation comes through insight and/or pain.
- One of James’s favorite juices: Celery, cucumber, lime or lemon, ginger, and/or Turmeric.
- The Four Agreements and Man’s Search for Meaning are two of James’ favorite books to gift to people.
Man's Search for Meaning
The Four Agreements