In this episode, Eli talks about his life battling with self-worth, loneliness, and weight. He discusses some key moments along his journey and offers some experiences that may be helpful to others. He talks about the importance of music to him and what it is like to let go of control when on stage performing.
- Eli remembers when he became addicted to sugar at 7 years old.
- He started getting picked on and bullied in elementary school.
- Eli maintains a weight loss between 100 to 120 lbs.
- When you are on stage you let go of control and you just are.
- In the Orthodox community, nobody talks about feeling hurt or lonely.
- Admitting that you have insecurities is powerful.
- Part of Eli’s comfort is the music that he has released that reveals his struggles.
- Eli talks to himself in positive ways and believes that it’s healthy and helps remove negative thoughts.
- Manage your home environment. Create a space that is safe and supports your goals.
- Come up with staple foods that you can create as a ritual.
- Focus on what you are doing and do not obsess about what you are not doing.
Whole with you song